Occupy Sudbury, Ontario Canada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living Document List of Demands

3 posters

Go down

Living Document List of Demands Empty Living Document List of Demands

Post  AndyDoan Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:30 pm

I have posted the list of demands published by the Occupy Vancouver group as a live editable document. Please read it over and contribute where you see fit. It is important to have as many people as possible share their knowledge.

docs.google.com/document/d/1amZIC2Gsw5ysUsNX7QFSNSZP8IHanwOCt2RqIpbmSzs/edit?hl=en_US

(You'll need to copy and paste this link into your browser. I can not post links to the forum as I am a new member)

Keep in mind that this document is not specific to Sudbury. Please share it with your friends and family around the country.

AndyDoan

Back to top Go down

Living Document List of Demands Empty Re: Living Document List of Demands

Post  SirCanuck Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:34 pm

This is more of a National list of demands, but I do agree with the majority of it I am gonna bring up what I believe is not needed or should not be in this list for us in Sudbury.....

-"We demand a cap on interest rates at 5% plus prime."
All prime must be removed also and only a base interest rate implemented, by including a prime we are opening a door for the bankers and money lenders to find another way to make more then what is needed....

-We demand the installation of a proportional representation system in all municipal, provincial and federal elections. We demand the adoption of Swiss-style direct democracy and Nunavut-style consensus-decision-making into all political processes.
This is not a good system proportional representation does not let every persons vote count , actually it means most votes are not counted....Let's keep the voting process in Canada the way it is, the way we vote is not the problem it is what we let are elected leader get away with the problem....

-We demand an independent investigation into 9/11 which will examine all evidence including that which would support a false-flag explanation.
I really do not believe this would solve anything and would cost tax payers millions that would other wise be used to feed, cloth ,educate, heal and house Canadian citizens.

-We demand - as Bertrand Russell suggested - there be two police forces – one to prove your guilt and another to prove your innocence.
If we really look into our police system and remove any outside influences, the system already works great(would work great). Police jobs are not to prove your innocent, that is for a lawyer to SHOW your innocents in front of a court.....And it is the Police and DA to PROVE your guilt....

-We demand massage, dental and eye care be covered under the health care system.
All except for the massage, really this is a luxury

-We demand the repeal of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act. All synthetic drugs and hard drugs (including cocaine and heroin) must be distributed by prescription through a pharmacist.

I believe we need to look into the problem and maybe change a few rules but these drugs are harming too many Canadians and to make them even more easy to get too is going in the wrong way...

-We demand that herbalists and naturopaths have their services covered by the health-care system.
created your own economy , with these services and items getting tax payers money to created more jobs is a bail out... if it is funded then the people should get any and all money created out of this back into health care, and all parties involved in the process of these substances be only given a salary as a employee of the Government....

-We demand the release of all non-violent prisoners.
Some non violent criminals are still criminals and have repeated the same crime over and over without any regard are care for the crimes they do (example break and enters and any theft charge)

-We demand Canada adopts the Bolivian Earth Charter.
We should remain Canadian and by this I mean create our own Charter for this...
SirCanuck
SirCanuck

Back to top Go down

Post  SirCanuck Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:50 pm

What was missing that I noticed is this

We demand an end to all Homelessness

A body needs to be put into place that will solve the problem not just nurse the problem....

Money should be put towards building homes, not shelters and food banks.... The body would be responsible for finding all people on the street and placing them into a new home ,once in such home then they would be responsible to provide help needed to improve the peoples health, mental and economical state (example: medical needs, mental health issues, and job search and how to keep a good job).. This in my mind is more productive then just providing a bed, a meal and then telling them ok your on your own till later tonight when you can have a bed again...
SirCanuck
SirCanuck

Back to top Go down

Post  ChristyK Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:21 pm

SirCanuck - great post!

With regards to proportional representation, I think there must be some alternative both to what we have now, and fully proportional represenation. Perhaps a system of instant run-off voting? I've heard the Green Party has an interesting platform with regards to election reform but I don't know much about it. Would anyone be willing to attend if I could coax someone from the Green Party to give a presentation about their platform?

With regards to naturopaths, I think that if something is going to be convered by public funding, there should be some system to insure that it is actually worthwhile. A lot of things covered by naturopaths are completely unproven. Individuals should be able to put their money towards it, but not necessarily other people's money. What I would like to see is a Canada where there is enough equality, and enough livable wages, that everyone can choose if they wish to spend their money on unproven medical options.
ChristyK
ChristyK

http://anothersteptotake.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum