Occupy Sudbury, Ontario Canada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REMEMBRANCE DAY

2 posters

Go down

REMEMBRANCE DAY Empty REMEMBRANCE DAY

Post  kaylag Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:34 pm

Let's start talking here about how we are going to appeal to the city and the veterans on our presence in the park.

I have mentioned having a candlelight vigil midway through next week dedicated to those we lost through war.

Myths and Mirrors had instructions for making home-made tea lights using sticks and paper mache. These turned out really awesome!

Last edited by kaylag on Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding calendar event)
kaylag
kaylag
Admin

Back to top Go down

REMEMBRANCE DAY Empty Re: REMEMBRANCE DAY

Post  ChristyK Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:59 pm

My understanding is that both Tom Sutton and David D. were going to talk to people at the Lady's Auxilary thing, about Remembrance Day, and that there was a meeting planned today for 11, about it. If anyone has info on that and what was decided, let's get the notes posted here.

I don't mind the idea of candlelight vigils, but I'm wondering how it gets framed. Were you thinking of having it on Remembrance Day? The day before? After?

In the meantime, how do we frame things? I've heard some people talk about wanting to not glorify war, while at the same time recognizing that veterans and soldiers are part of the 99%. Anyone feel like starting a lively conversation here about your thoughts, feelings and ideas about remembrance day?

ChristyK
ChristyK

http://anothersteptotake.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kaylag Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:03 pm

ON remembrance day we are not going to have any protests or anything, in respect.

We did converse on having weekly marches/events. I'm thinking Wednesday would be acceptable, or Thursday the day before.

I'm heading to the site now so hopefully there is news.
kaylag
kaylag
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChristyK Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:05 pm

Smile Good. Please update us when you get back from the site!

I love the idea of weekly marches/events, because I know that there are people who want to participate who don't want to just come down and find nothing happening, but would come down for specific things.
ChristyK
ChristyK

Back to top Go down

Post  ChristyK Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:06 pm

Though actually, I'm not sure I agree that the weekly event for next week should be on remembrance day.... We should be respectful, but I'm not sure we need to actually do something for that day on a different day. But... just my opinion <shrug>
ChristyK
ChristyK

Back to top Go down

Post  kaylag Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:53 am

yeah no, we're not going to do anything remembrance day. The day before or the wensday.
kaylag
kaylag
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum